NEW 2015 Programs Available!
Prevention Plus WellnessTM, LLC provides the only federally-registered evidence-based programs (NREPP) in the country that use a wellness approach to promote positive behaviors and images while preventing risk behaviors like substance abuse among youth and young adults. Our unique programs are customized to the current health habits of each youth, and are quickly implemented in as little as one session. Other advantages of PPW programs and services include:
- Scripted for easy implementation with fidelity
- Can be provided in any setting using either one-on-one or group formats
- Positive “whole health” focus increases parent, provider and youth participation
- Single purchase price increases sustainability over time
- All-inclusive program manuals provide everything needed to implement and evaluate our programs with an unlimited number of youth
- Lifetime site and area licenses permit copying of all program materials for an unlimited number of implementers
- Implementer and Training of Trainer Workshops offered live online and onsite
- Grant writing and searching provided to fund your prevention and health efforts
- Conference and group presentations on how to plan your own wellness-based prevention program
Prevention Plus Wellness programs are designed to enhance the positive development of youth by teaching them to link avoiding alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and other drug use with increasing wellness behaviors and images like participating in sports and physical activities, eating healthy, getting plenty of sleep, controlling stress, and enhancing spiritual habits.
Each of our integrated prevention with wellness programs is founded upon the evidence-based Prevention Plus Wellness Approach which uses proven conceptual and practices models. The PPW Approach permits our programs to be implemented in four simple steps: 1) Screen youth for their health habits, 2) Provide tailored feedback and positive image messages, 3) Help youth set and monitor multiple behavior health improvement goals, and 4) Follow-up with youth in the future.
Our complete Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW) programs include:
- SPORT© Prevention Plus Wellness Single-Session Youth Program with Parent Materials
- SPORT 2© Prevention Plus Wellness Multi-Lesson Youth Program
- InShape© Prevention Plus Wellness Single-Session Program for Young Adults
- In God’s Image© Physical, Mental and Spiritual Fitness Program for Youth
PPW programs are being implemented by health, education and prevention specialists in 46 states, in schools, youth organizations, summer camps, sports and recreation leagues, hospitals and clinics, juvenile justice settings, substance abuse and mental health agencies, and faith-based organizations.
Call today to learn more about our programs, training workshops, grant writing services, and presentations:
Independent Report Finds SPORT Least Expensive with Second Best Cost-Benefit Ratio among Effective Programs for Preventing Youth Marijuana Use
Free E-book on How to Plan Wellness-based Prevention
In this e-book, we discuss the Prevention Plus Wellness Approach as a positive and practical tool for developing wellness-based prevention materials, media campaigns, programs, and community-wide strategies.
Sign up for a free copy of the e-book by clicking on the Contact Us link on the top of this page.
What Are People Saying?
“We have been implementing the SPORT Prevention Plus Wellness Program now for two years and it is great! Staff are finding that it is simple and easy to implement, and kids are responding with engagement.”
Bhavana Pahwa, MA, LCSW-R, PhD, White Plains Youth Bureau, White Plains, NY
“Our staff found SPORT Prevention Plus Wellness easy to use and very entertaining for youth. I recommend this program for anyone working with youth who wants to address multiple issues connected to choosing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.”
Debra McKenzie., Senior Vice President, Associated Youth Services, Kansas City, KS
“The SPORT lesson is so well laid out and easy to implement that our staff are appreciative of all they can do for our kids in the limited time we have with them! We plan to continue the program next year and are even considering expanding it to other sites once we have secured funding!”
Jessica Baxter, Director of Operations, Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Wyoming, Casper, WY
“While SPORT is a universal program, it allows counselors to “pre-screen” and identify students who may require other services. SPORT is a cost effective, evidence based program that is easy to use and compliments our other services. The ongoing support from the developer is a plus!”
Christine Cavallucci, LCSW, Director of Clinical Services, ADAPP, New York, NY
Prevention Plus Wellness Benefits
Watch the brief video below to learn more about the benefits of choosing Prevention Plus Wellness programs for your youth and young adults.