In God’s Image: Physical & Spiritual Fitness for Youth
Also on Kindle for just $4.99!
In God’s Image provides an easy to use program for youth to create physically and spiritually fit and substance-abuse free lifestyles. Based on a proven model which targets naturally motivating positive images of youth, In God’s Image enhances positive self-identity and goal setting skills resulting in positive development of young people.
Each session of In God’s Image is written to integrate the promotion of spiritual health with physical and mental health enhancement. This book contains easy to follow step-by-step directions, along with three lessons that include:
• Brief self-administered youth fitness behavior screens;
• Feedback and positive image messages;
• Accompanying illustrations; and
• Goal plans for motivating multiple behavior change.
Each of the lessons is designed to prevent alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and other drug use, and increase: 1) Physical Fitness, 2) Nutritional Fitness, and 3) Spiritual Fitness. Each of the In God’s Image lessons can be used on a weekly or monthly schedule, depending upon your preference. Each session takes about 15-20 minutes to complete. In God’s Image was designed as a self-improvement program for youth, and may also be implemented in conjunction with other religious, education, health or fitness programs and activities for young people.
Founded on the evidence-based Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW) Model, In God’s Image is a positive youth development program involving:
1. Screening youth for their current physical and spiritual health behaviors;
2. Providing feedback that cues naturally motivating positive images of youth engaged in physical and spiritual health enhancing behaviors, and related desired images of themselves in the future;
3. Teaching youth to link wellness enhancing habits with achieving positive behaviors and images, and health risk behaviors interfering with achievement of positive behaviors and images, and
4. Developing youth skills to set and monitor multiple goals to increase physical, spiritual and mental health enhancing behaviors and positive self-identity, while avoiding health damaging behaviors, including alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and other drug use.
In God’s Image was written to help young people grow in grace and power to do the sometimes-challenging things in life. Those things which will result in developing into our best possible selves as God planned for us. In God’s Image provides an enjoyable and rewarding experience created to improve the “whole health” of youth.
Dr. Chudley Werch was raised in rural Wisconsin where he experienced alcohol and drug use as a normal part of daily living. He received his PhD from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1983 and began his career in addictions prevention, education, research and writing. He has held several tenured academic positions and retired to found Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC where he serves as President. Dr. Werch created four nationally recognized evidence-based substance abuse programs. He lives in Jacksonville Florida with Lauren, his wife of 33 years, and has three adult children.