SPORT Recovery is an easy to use, single-session prevention with wellness program for professionals who want to promote active, healthy and substance-abuse free lifestyles among youth in recovery or treatment. SPORT Recovery is based upon SPORT, which was developed with funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and is listed as an evidence-based program on the federal government’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP).
SPORT Recovery is a single session program designed to increase wellness enhancing behaviors, including physical activity, sports participation, healthy eating, getting adequate sleep, and practicing stress control strategies while maintaining recovery by avoiding alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and other drug use. SPORT Recovery targets naturally motivating positive wellness-based images to increase personal goal setting to improve multiple health habits and positive self-identity.
SPORT Recovery is highly flexible and can be used as a stand-alone program, or as an add-on component to other recovery, treatment and intervention programs. It can also be repeated over time, providing a sustained intervention.
The SPORT Recovery Program was designed to help youth look and feel more active, fit and healthy by having them:
- Identify wellness enhancing behaviors, along with risk habits that interfere with reaching wellness behavior goals and positive self-images;
- Become aware of positive images of youth engaged in wellness promoting behaviors, and desired images of themselves in the future; and
- Make a commitment to set and monitor multiple goals to increase wellness promoting behaviors, while avoiding wellness harming behaviors.
The SPORT Recovery Manual contains the following materials for implementation in one-on-one coaching and group formats:
- Step-by-step implementation directions;
- Brief self-administered youth wellness behavior screen;
- Tailored scripts for an individual youth and optional group lesson;
- Set of colorful slides to view during the lesson;
- Group exercise to increase classroom interaction during the group lesson;
- Goal plan for motivating multiple behavior change;
- Implementer’s chart to assess the quality of the lesson presentation;
- Feedback survey for youth to evaluate the quality of the lesson;
- A pre-post behavior outcome evaluation survey;
- Letter introducing the optional parent flyers;
- Set of four parent flyers;
- Follow-up phone protocol to ensure reception and use of parent flyers; and
- Optional youth and parent web resources addressing increasing physical activity, eating healthy, getting adequate sleep, managing stress, and avoiding alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and other drug use; and
- Online PPW Program Implementer’s Training.
SPORT Recovery Program for Adolescents with program manual, downloadable reproducible materials, online training, and telephone and email program support. See a sample here.
Money Back Guarantee
All program manuals returned within 30-days of purchase in new condition will receive a full refund.
Order online using shopping cart buttons above. Pay with credit card or by check. Send checks to:
Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC
3595 Forest Bend Terrace
Jacksonville, FL 32224