SPORT 2 (Alcohol/Drug) PPW Programs
NEW 2021 SPORT 2 (Alcohol/Drug) Prevention Plus Wellness programs available!
Welcome to SPORT 2 (Alcohol/Drug) Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW)! SPORT 2 PPW is an easy to use screening and brief intervention for prevention and health professionals and parents who want to prevent substance use and promote protective wellness lifestyles and positive identities among youth.
SPORT 2 PPW is an evidence-informed intervention adopted from the SPORT Prevention Plus Wellness program which is listed on the National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP), Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development and other evidence-based program registries. In addition, it uses an evidence-based practices screening and brief intervention format recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
SPORT 2 PPW is the only multi-lesson program designed to increase wellness enhancing behaviors including participating in different types of physical activity, eating a variety of healthy foods, monitoring food and calorie intake, getting adequate sleep and practicing stress control. It can be implemented in any setting including school, community, health care, sports, recreation, juvenile justice, at home and more.
SPORT 2 PPW is founded on the Behavior-Image Model, a marketing-related framework that targets naturally motivating positive peer and desired future images to increase motivation for change and multiple health behavior goal setting which in turn increases self-regulation skills of participants.
SPORT 2 PPW is highly flexible and can be used as a stand-alone program, or as an add-on component to other prevention, health, sports, fitness, recreation, education, intervention or treatment programs. While it was created as a universal prevention intervention, some organizations use it as a selective and indicated prevention program for high risk populations.
The SPORT 2 Prevention Plus Wellness program was designed to help youth look and feel more active, fit and healthy using a three-step process of:
- Screening youth for their current health habits to increase awareness of their substance use and wellness behaviors;
- Providing feedback on those health habits and positive image messages cuing desired future images of youth and increasing motivation for change; and
- Presenting a goal plan and contract to have youth set and monitor goals to avoid substance use and increase protective wellness behaviors increasing self-control skills.
Your SPORT 2 PPW program comes with a hard copy manual and a digital download of all reproducible materials needed to implement your program to countless participants. The SPORT 2 PPW program includes:
- Step-by-step implementation directions;
- Brief self-administered youth health and fitness behavior screening surveys;
- Scripts for providing individual one-on-one or group feedback lessons that present positive image content linking wellness and substance use behaviors;
- A set of colorful slides with illustrations of youth modeling wellness habits;
- Hard copies of goal plans/contracts for motivating multiple behavior change;
- Scannable youth pretest and posttest surveys to evaluate program implementation fidelity and effectiveness;
- An instructor’s survey to assess the quality of each lesson presentation;
- A fidelity checklist to increase implementation reliability;
- Online resources to support program implementation and evaluation;
- Phone and email program support; and
- Separate online and onsite certified training workshops to learn to provide the SPORT 2 PPW program, or train others to implement it, with fidelity and maximum effectiveness.
SPORT 2 PPW takes less than 50 minutes to implement and is available in three versions for: 1) High school adolescents ages 14-18, 2) Middle school adolescents ages 10-14, and 3) Elementary school children ages 8-10.
We know you will find SPORT 2 PPW an easy, enjoyable and effective way to promote fit, healthy and substance use-free lifestyles among your youth.
Order this program with 2-hours live online training for implementers for just $199: https://preventionpluswellness.com/collections/live-online-ppw-program-training/products/live-online-certified-program-implementer-training