Vaping Prevention Plus Wellness Program
NEW: 2021 Vaping Prevention Plus Wellness Programs!
Welcome to Vaping Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW)! Vaping PPW is a quick and easy to use screening and brief intervention for prevention and health professionals and parents who want to prevent e-cigarette use and promote protective wellness behaviors and positive identities among youth.
Vaping PPW is an evidence-informed intervention adopted from the SPORT Prevention Plus Wellness program which is listed on the National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP), Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development and other evidence-based program registries. In addition, it utilizes an evidence-based practices screening and brief intervention format recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Vaping PPW is the only single-session e-cigarette use prevention program designed to increase wellness-enhancing behaviors including physical activity, sports participation, healthy eating, getting adequate sleep, and practicing stress control. It can be implemented in any setting including school, community, health care, sports, recreation, juvenile justice, at home and more.
Vaping PPW is founded on the Behavior-Image Model, a marketing-related framework that targets naturally motivating positive peer and desired future images to increase motivation for change and multiple health behavior goal setting which in turn increases self-regulation skills of participants.
Vaping PPW is highly flexible and can be used as a stand-alone intervention, or as an add-on component to other prevention, health, sports, fitness, recreation, education, intervention or treatment programs. While it was created as a universal prevention intervention, many organizations use it as a selective and indicated prevention program for high risk populations.
The Vaping PPW program was designed to help youth look and feel more active, fit and healthy using a three-step process of:
- Screening youth for their current health habits to increase awareness of their e-cigarette use and wellness behaviors;
- Providing feedback on those health habits and positive image messages cuing desired future images of youth and increasing motivation for change; and
- Presenting a goal plan and contract to have youth set and monitor goals to avoid e-cigarette use and increase protective wellness behaviors increasing self-control skills.
Your Vaping PPW program comes with a hard copy manual and a digital download of all reproducible materials needed to implement your program to countless participants. The Vaping PPW program includes:
- Step-by-step implementation directions;
- A brief self-administered youth health and fitness behavior screening survey;
- Scripts for providing an individual one-on-one or group feedback lesson that presents positive image content linking wellness and e-cigarette use behaviors;
- A set of colorful slides with illustrations of youth modeling wellness habits;
- A hard copy and optional online goal plan/contract slides for motivating multiple behavior change;
- Scannable and optional online youth pretest and posttest surveys to evaluate program implementation fidelity and effectiveness;
- An instructor’s survey to assess the quality of the lesson presentation;
- A fidelity checklist to increase implementation reliability;
- A Youth Online PPW Program Follow-up Goal Plan to extend program outcomes;
- Online resources to support program implementation and evaluation;
- Phone and email program support; and
- Separate online and onsite certified training workshops to learn to provide the Vaping PPW program, or train others to implement it, with fidelity and maximum effectiveness.
Vaping PPW takes less than 50 minutes to implement and is available in three versions for: 1) High school adolescents ages 14-18, 2) Middle school adolescents ages 10-14, and 3) Elementary school children ages 8-10.
We know you will find it an easy, enjoyable and effective way to promote fit, healthy and e-cigarette use-free lifestyles among your youth.
Request a sample to preview: https://preventionpluswellness.com/pages/contact-us
Order this program with 2-hours live online training for implementers for just $199: https://preventionpluswellness.com/collections/live-online-ppw-program-training/products/live-online-certified-program-implementer-training