In God's Image Program for Youth
In God's Image Program for Youth
Welcome to In God's Image! In God’s Image (IGI) is a fully scripted program designed to give teachers, youth leaders, mentors, parents and service providers a quick and easy to use tool to promote spiritually and physically active, healthy and substance use-free lifestyles among adolescents.
IGI is the country’s only single-session faith-based prevention with wellness program designed to increase spiritual and physical fitness practices while avoiding substance use that harms spiritual and physical development.
In God’s Image is based on a proven model which targets naturally motivating positive images of youth that enhances positive self-identity, goal setting skills, and the spiritual and physical well-being of youth.
Young people need to develop a pattern of habits and attitudes that takes them out of current culture and an over-emphasis on materialism and substance use and gives them a spiritual foundation in God, but also develops their whole-health and self. Ideally this involves a lifestyle rooted in a relationship with Jesus Christ and a focus on Christ’s life as a model for us to live ours.
In God’s Image comes in a digital download format allowing reproduction of program materials at no additional cost and implementation to an unlimited number of youth. The In God’s Image program comes with:
- A script for presenting positive image content linking spiritual practices with physical wellness and substance use habits;
- A brief self-administered Screening Survey;
- Colorful slides highlighting vivid positive image terms and illustrations of youth modeling spiritual and physical wellness habits;
- A Goal Plan & Contract for motivating multiple wellness behavior change;
- Evaluation materials for assessing program implementation fidelity and effectiveness;
- Spiritual wellness resources for youth;
- Phone and email program support;
- Onsite or online training is offered separately to learn to provide IGI, or train others to implement it, with fidelity and maximum effectiveness: and
- Optional booklets for youths and teachers.
In God’s Image is designed to increase spiritual health promoting behaviors, including taking time to pray, study scripture or meditate, practice key virtues like showing gratitude for what you’ve received from God and others, attend religious services, and reach out to help others in need. It also aims to increase physical activity, healthy eating and getting adequate sleep which can support spiritual growth.
In addition, IGI targets the critical necessity to avoid harmful risk behaviors, particularly alcohol, tobacco, e-cigarettes, prescription drugs, marijuana and other illicit drug use, which can interfere with achieving goals for a spiritually and physically healthier lifestyle.
In God’s Image takes less than 50 minutes to implement. It can be provided as either a stand-alone program or used in conjunction with other religious, education, health or youth programs and activities.
In God’s Image was created to help young people grow in grace and power to do the sometimes-challenging things in life. Those things which will result in developing into our best possible selves as God planned for us.
We are confident you will find this one-of-a-kind program an easy, fun and effective strategy for promoting spiritually and physically active, healthy and substance use-free lifestyles among your youth.