Racial Justice Prevention Plus Wellness
Welcome to Racial Justice Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW)! Racial Justice PPW is an easy to use brief program for educators, religious leaders, youth services providers and parents who want to promote youth behaviors that support racial justice and wellness and combat racism in individuals and communities.
Racial Justice PPW utilizes an evidence-based practices screening and brief intervention format recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). It can be implemented in any setting with youth, including schools, youth agencies, faith-based organizations, juvenile justice, youth development organizations, homes and others.
Racial Justice PPW is the only single-session youth racism prevention program designed to increase anti-racial behaviors enhancing personal and community wellness. Critical social justice behaviors addressed include contemplating, observing, learning and helping to prevent racism and inequity in communities.
Racial Justice PPW is founded on the Behavior-Image Model, a marketing-related framework that targets naturally motivating positive social and desired future images to increase motivation for change and multiple behavior goal setting which in turn increases self-regulation skills of youth.
Racial Justice PPW is highly flexible and can be used as a stand-alone program, or as an add-on component to other education, health, substance use prevention, religious or youth development programs and activities. It takes less than 50 minutes to implement so it can be provided in nearly any busy setting.
The Racal Justice PPW program was designed to help youth become more conscious, caring and connected personal and social change leaders using a three-step process of:
- Screening youth for their current anti-racial and racial discriminatory habits to increase awareness of their racial justice biases and behaviors;
- Providing feedback on those habits and positive image messages cuing desired future images of youth increasing motivation for personal and social change; and
- Presenting a goal plan and contract to have youth set and monitor goals to avoid racism and increase anti-racism behaviors increasing self-control skills.
Your Racial Justice PPW manual with digital download of reproducible materials contain the following:
- Step-by-step implementation directions;
- Brief self-administered youth Racial Justice and Wellness Screening Survey;
- Script for providing a group lesson that presents positive image content linking racial justice and personal and community wellness;
- Optional second interactive lesson plan;
- Protocols for providing your lesson remotely online;
- Set of colorful slides reinforcing positive image content with illustrations of multicultural youth modeling social diversity;
- Goal plan and contract for motivating multiple anti-racial behavior change;
- Youth pretest and posttest surveys to evaluate program implementation fidelity and effectiveness;
- Instructor’s survey to assess the quality of the lesson presentation;
- Fidelity checklist to increase implementation reliability;
- Phone and email program support; and
- Separate online and onsite certified training workshops to learn how to provide the Racial Justice PPW program, or train others to implement it, with fidelity and maximum effectiveness.
We know you will find the Racial Justice Prevention Plus Wellness program an easy, enjoyable and effective way to promote anti-racism and wellness behaviors among youth within your organization and community.
Request a sample to preview: https://preventionpluswellness.com/pages/contact-us
Order this program with 2-hours live online training for implementers for just $199: https://preventionpluswellness.com/collections/live-online-ppw-program-training/products/live-online-certified-program-implementer-training