Parent Prevention Plus Wellness Programs
Great for reaching busy parents and caregivers with essential evidence-based prevention and wellness content and tools for their youth and young adults.
Parent Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW) Programs are our original evidence-based programs adapted for use by parents and caregivers with their youth and young adults.
Parent PPW Programs consist of a one-session PowerPoint-driven workshop for parents/caregivers presented by prevention and health professionals.
The parent training session is designed to help them gain the knowledge, confidence and skills to provide brief tailored messages and goal planning experiences for their youth/young adults which address substance use prevention and wellness behavior promotion.
Parent PPW Training objectives include:
- Identify why parents’ communications with youth/young adults should address both preventing substance use and promoting wellness behaviors to improve their physical and mental health.
- Explore a 3-step evidence-based model for providing brief messages and goal planning experiences with youth/young adults that integrates prevention with wellness.
- Review and practice providing brief tailored messages and goal planning that addresses both prevention and wellness for youth/young adults.
Parent Prevention Plus Wellness Programs for prevention and health professionals include:
PowerPoint training slides,
- Instructor directions, and
- Parent guide to present to parents and caregivers in your organization or region.
Parent Prevention Plus Wellness Programs are available in most current PPW program offerings and topics, including:
- SPORT (Alcohol/Drug) PPW
- Vaping (E-cigarette) PPW
- Marijuana PPW
- Opioid PPW
- InShape (Alcohol/Drug) PPW for Young Adults
Cost: $499 per teacher/implementer.
Order this program with 2-hours live online training for implementers for just $199: https://preventionpluswellness.com/collections/live-online-ppw-program-training/products/live-online-certified-program-implementer-training