Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC
Welcome to InShape (Alcohol/Drug) Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW)! InShape PPW is a quick and easy to use brief intervention for prevention and health professionals, peer leaders and others who want to prevent substance misuse and promote healthy lifestyle behaviors and positive identities of young adults.
InShape PPW has undergone rigorous research evaluating its effectiveness for preventing young adult substance use and increasing healthy habits. It is listed as an evidence-based program on the National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP), Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development and other evidence-based registries. Furthermore, it utilizes an evidence-based practices screening and brief intervention format recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
InShape PPW is the only single-session substance misuse prevention program designed to increase wellness-enhancing behaviors including physical activity, healthy eating, getting adequate sleep, and practicing stress control. It can be implemented in any setting including college campus, community, health care, military, sports, recreation, and others.
InShape PPW is founded on the Behavior-Image Model, a wellness-related framework that targets naturally motivating positive peer and desired future images to increase motivation for change and multiple health behavior goal setting to increase self-regulation skills and self-efficacy of participants.
InShape PPW takes less than 60 minutes to implement, is highly flexible and can be used as a stand-alone intervention, or as an add-on component to other prevention, health, sports, fitness, recreation, education, intervention, or treatment programs. While it was created as a universal prevention intervention, many organizations use it as a selective and indicated prevention program for high-risk populations.
The InShape PPW program was designed to help young adults look and feel more active, fit and healthy using a three-step process of:
- Screening young adults for their current health habits to increase awareness of their substance use and wellness behaviors;
- Providing feedback cuing desired future images and the benefits of engaging in the wellness behaviors and how substance misuse harms them, to increase motivation for change; and
- Presenting a goal plan and contract to have young adults set and monitor goals to avoid substance misuse and increase protective wellness behaviors enhancing self-control skills and self-efficacy.
Your InShape PPW program comes with a manual and a digital download of all reproducible materials needed to implement your program to countless participants.
The InShape PPW program includes:
- Step-by-step implementation directions;
- A brief self-administered wellness behavior screening survey;
- Scripts for easy presentation of both an individual or group lesson that presents positive image content linking wellness and substance use behaviors;
- A set of colorful slides with illustrations of young adults modeling wellness habits;
- A goal plan/contract for motivating and initiating multiple behavior change;
- Online or paper young adult pretest and posttest surveys to evaluate immediate program effectiveness;
- An online or paper instructor’s survey to assess the quality of the lesson presentation;
- An online or paper fidelity checklist to increase implementation reliability;
- An Online PPW Program Follow-up Goal Plan to extend the program and follow-up with participants;
- Online resources to support program implementation and evaluation;
- Phone and email program support; and
- Separate online or onsite certified training workshops to learn how to provide the InShape PPW program, or train others to implement it, with fidelity and maximum effectiveness.
We know you will find InShape PPW an easy, enjoyable, and effective way to promote the mental and physical wellbeing of your young adults.
Add the online self-paced training for implementers to enhance the efficacy of the program.