Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC
Welcome to Vaping Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW)! Vaping PPW is a quick and easy to use positive youth development program for prevention and health professionals and parents who want to prevent e-cigarette use and promote healthy lifestyle behaviors and positive identities of youth.
Vaping PPW is an adaptation of the evidence-based SPORT Prevention Plus Wellness program which is listed on the National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP), Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development and other evidence-based program registries. In addition, it Vaping PPW utilizes an evidence-based practices screening and brief intervention format recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Vaping PPW is the only single-session e-cigarette use prevention program designed to increase wellness-enhancing behaviors including physical activity, sports participation, healthy eating, getting adequate sleep, and practicing stress control. It can be implemented in any setting including school, community, health care, sports, recreation, juvenile justice, home and others.
Vaping PPW is founded on the Behavior-Image Model, a positive youth development-related framework that targets naturally motivating peer and desired future images to increase motivation for change and multiple health behavior goal setting which in turn increases self-regulation skills and self-efficacy of participants.
Vaping PPW is highly flexible and can be used as a stand-alone intervention, or as an add-on component to other prevention, health, sports, fitness, recreation, education, intervention, or treatment programs. While it was created as a universal prevention intervention, many organizations use it as a selective and indicated prevention program for high-risk populations.
The Vaping PPW program was designed to help youth look and feel more active, fit, and healthy using a three-step process of:
- Screening youth for their current health habits to increase awareness of their e-cigarette use and healthy behaviors;
- Providing feedback cueing positive future images and the benefits of engaging in healthy behaviors and how e-cigarette use harms them, to increase motivation for change; and
- Presenting a goal plan and contract to help youth set and monitor goals to avoid e-cigarette use and increase protective wellness behaviors increasing self-control skills and self-efficacy.
Your Vaping PPW program comes with a manual and a digital download of all reproducible materials needed to implement your program to countless participants.
The Vaping PPW program includes:
- Step-by-step implementation directions;
- A brief self-administered youth health and fitness behavior screening survey;
- Scripts for easy presentation of both an individual or group lesson that presents positive image content linking healthy and e-cigarette use behaviors;
- A set of colorful slides with illustrations of youth modeling wellness habits;
- A goal plan/contract for motivating multiple behavior change;
- Online or paper youth pretest and posttest surveys to evaluate immediate program effectiveness;
- An online or paper Instructor’s Survey to assess the quality of the lesson presentation;
- An online or paper Fidelity Checklist to increase implementation reliability;
- A Youth Online PPW Program Goal Plan to extend the program and follow-up with participating youth;
- Online resources to support program implementation and evaluation;
- Phone and email program support; and
- Separate online or onsite certified training workshops to learn how to provide the Vaping PPW program, or train others to implement it, with fidelity and maximum effectiveness.
Vaping PPW takes less than 50 minutes to implement and is available in three versions for: 1) High school adolescents ages 14-18, 2) Middle school adolescents ages 10-14, and 3) Elementary school children ages 8-10.
We know you will find Vaping Prevention Plus Wellness an easy, enjoyable, and effective way to promote the mental and physical health of your youth.
Order this program with online self-paced training for implementers.
See how Vaping PPW meets National Health Education Standards