Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC
NEW: 2023 programs available!
New 2023 SPORT 3 PPW programs come with upgraded PowerPoint slides, scripts, pretest and posttest surveys and more.
Welcome to SPORT 3 Alcohol, Marijuana & E-Cigarette Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW)! SPORT 3 PPW is a 3-session easy to use positive youth development program for prevention and health professionals and parents who want to prevent substance use and promote healthy lifestyle behaviors and positive identities among youth.
SPORT 3 PPW is an adaptation of the evidence-based SPORT PPW program which has undergone rigorous research evaluating its effectiveness for preventing youth substance use and increasing healthy habits. In addition, SPORT 3 PPW utilizes an evidence-based practices screening and brief intervention format recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
SPORT 3 PPW is the only 3-session prevention program designed to prevent youth alcohol, marijuana and e-cigarettes while increasing healthy behaviors including physical activity and sports participation, healthy breakfast and eating, getting adequate sleep, and practicing stress control. It can be implemented in any setting including school, community, health care, sports, recreation, juvenile justice, home and others.
SPORT 3 PPW is founded on the Behavior-Image Model, a positive youth development-related framework that targets naturally motivating positive peer and desired future images to increase motivation for change and multiple health behavior goal setting which in turn increases self-efficacy and self-regulation skills of participants.
SPORT 3 PPW is highly flexible and can be used as a stand-alone intervention, or as an add-on component to other prevention, health, sports, fitness, recreation, education, intervention or treatment programs. While it was created as a universal prevention intervention, it can be used as a selective and indicated prevention program for high-risk populations.
The SPORT 3 PPW program was designed to help youth look and feel more active, fit and healthy using a three-step process of:
- Screening youth for their current health habits to increase awareness of their substance use and healthy behaviors;
- Providing feedback cueing positive future images and the benefits of engaging in the healthy behaviors and how substance use harms them, to increase motivation for change; and
- Presenting a goal plan and contract to have youth set and monitor goals to avoid substance use and increase healthy lifestyle behaviors increasing mental and physical health and self-control skills.
Your SPORT 3 PPW program comes with a manual and a digital download of all reproducible materials needed to implement your program to countless participants.
The SPORT 3 PPW program includes:
- Step-by-step implementation directions;
- 3 screening and brief intervention sessions addressing alcohol, marijuana and e-cigarette prevention;
- Brief self-administered youth health and fitness behavior screening surveys;
- Scripts for providing either individual one-on-one or group feedback lessons that present positive image content linking wellness and substance use behaviors;
- Colorful slides with illustrations of youth modeling healthy habits;
- Goal plans/contracts for motivating multiple behavior change;
- Online and paper youth pretest and posttest surveys to evaluate program implementation fidelity and effectiveness;
- An online and paper Instructor’s Survey to assess the quality of the lesson presentation;
- An online and paper Fidelity Checklist to increase implementation reliability;
- Online resources to support program implementation and evaluation;
- Phone and email program support; and
- Separate online and onsite certified training workshops to learn how to provide the SPORT 3 PPW program, or train others to implement it, with fidelity and maximum effectiveness.
SPORT 3 PPW takes less than 50 minutes to implement each session and is available in both classroom and individual/one-on-one formats in three versions for: 1) High school adolescents ages 14-18, 2) Middle school adolescents ages 10-14, and 3) Elementary school children ages 8-10.
We know you will find SPORT 3 Alcohol, Marijuana and E-Cigarette PPW an easy, enjoyable and effective way to promote fit, healthy and substance use-free lifestyles among your youth.
Order this program with online self-paced training for implementers.
See how SPORT 3 PPW meets National Health Education Standards.