Collection: SPORT Prevention Plus Wellness Collection
New 2019 Programs Available!
Welcome to SPORT Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW)! SPORT PPW is a quick and easy to use prevention with wellness intervention for professionals, peer leaders and parents who want to promote resilient active, healthy and substance-abuse free lifestyles among youth.
SPORT PPW was developed with funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and is listed as an evidence-based program on the federal government’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP), Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development and other evidence-based registries.
SPORT PPW is the country’s only single-session program designed to increase wellness-enhancing behaviors including physical activity, sports participation, healthy eating, getting adequate sleep, and practicing stress control while avoiding alcohol, tobacco, e-cigarettes, prescription drug misuse, marijuana and illicit drug use.
SPORT PPW targets naturally motivating positive peer and desired future images to increase personal goal setting to improve multiple wellness habits and positive self-identity. SPORT PPW is highly flexible and can be used as a stand-alone program, or as an add-on component to other prevention, health, sports, fitness, recreation, education or intervention programs.
The SPORT PPW program was designed to help youth look and feel more active, fit and healthy by having them:
- Identify wellness enhancing behaviors, along with drug use habits that interfere with reaching wellness behavior goals and positive self-images;
- Become aware of positive images of youth engaged in wellness promoting behaviors, and desired images of themselves in the future; and
- Make a commitment to set and monitor multiple goals to increase wellness promoting behaviors, while avoiding wellness harming substance use.
Your SPORT PPW manual and program contain the following materials:
- Step-by-step implementation directions;
- Brief self-administered youth health and fitness behavior screening survey;
- Scripts for providing an individual one-on-one or optional group lesson that uses positive image content linking wellness and substance use behaviors;
- Set of colorful slides with illustrations of youth modeling wellness habits;
- Goal plan and contract for motivating multiple behavior change;
- Optional group exercise to increase classroom interaction during the group lesson;
- Youth feedback survey to evaluate program implementation fidelity and effectiveness;
- Instructor’s survey to assess the quality of the lesson presentation;
- Fidelity checklist to increase implementation reliability;
- Letter introducing optional follow-up parent flyers in English and Spanish;
- Set of four parent flyers in English and Spanish;
- Phone protocol to ensure reception and use of parent flyers;
- Optional youth wellness resources addressing increasing physical activity, eating healthy, getting adequate sleep, managing stress, and avoiding alcohol, tobacco and illicit drug use;
- Digital download of reproducible materials and customizable PowerPoint slides;
- Phone and email program support; and
- Separate onsite and online certified training workshops to learn to provide the SPORT PPW program, or train others to implement it, with fidelity and maximum effectiveness.
SPORT PPW takes less than 50 minutes to implement. It is available in three versions for: 1) High school adolescents ages 14-18, 2) Middle school adolescents ages 10-14, and 3) Elementary school children ages 8-10.
We know you will find SPORT PPW an easy, enjoyable and effective way to promote resilient fit, healthy and substance use-free lifestyles among your youth.
Online and Onsite Certified Program Implementer's Workshops are available. Onsite Training of Trainer's (TOTs) Workshops are also available. Learn more about how you can host a PPW Training Workshop:
Subscribe to our emails
Subscribe to our mailing list for insider news, product launches, and more.