Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC
Welcome to InShape Wellness Lifestyle Training (WLT)! InShape WLT is a quick and easy to use brief intervention for prevention and health professionals, peer leaders and others who want to promote healthy lifestyle behaviors among adults.
InShape WLT is great for promoting the mental and physical wellbeing and resiliency of any adult group. It's the perfect motivational tool for increasing physical activity, getting more sleep, eating healthier, reducing weight and lowering stress, as well as avoiding unhealthy alcohol and drug misuse.
InShape WLT is founded on the evidence based InShape Prevention Plus Wellness program which has been shown to increase healthy habits and prevent substance misuse among young adults. Furthermore, it utilizes an evidence-based practices screening and brief intervention format recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
InShape WLT is the only single-session program designed to increase wellness-enhancing behaviors including physical activity, healthy eating, getting adequate sleep, practicing stress control and goal setting while avoiding harmful substance misuse. It can be implemented in any setting including community, health care, professional training, recreation, worksites, and others.
InShape WLT is founded on the Behavior-Image Model, a wellness-related framework that targets naturally motivating positive peer and desired future images to increase motivation for change and multiple health behavior goal setting to increase self-regulation skills and self-efficacy of participants.
InShape WLT takes about 60 minutes to implement, is highly flexible and can be used as a stand-alone intervention or training session, or as an add-on component to other professional, prevention, health, safety, fitness, recreation, education, intervention, or treatment programs. While it was created as a universal wellness and prevention intervention, it can be used for high-risk populations.
The InShape WLT program was designed to help adults look and feel more active, fit and healthy using a three-step process of:
- Screening adults for their current health habits to increase awareness of their wellness and substance use behaviors;
- Providing feedback cuing desired future images and the benefits of engaging in the wellness behaviors and how substance misuse harms them, to increase motivation for change; and
- Presenting a goal plan and contract to have adults set and monitor goals to increase wellness-promoting habits and avoid substance misuse enhancing self-control skills and self-efficacy.
Your InShape WLT program comes with a manual and a digital download of all reproducible materials needed to implement your program to countless participants.
The InShape WLT program includes:
- Step-by-step implementation directions;
- A brief self-administered wellness behavior screening survey;
- A script for easy presentation of the lesson that introduces positive image content linking wellness and substance use behaviors;
- A set of colorful slides with illustrations of adults modeling wellness habits;
- A goal plan/contract for motivating and initiating multiple behavior change;
- Healthy Behavior Goal Setting Goals & Tips;
- Online or paper adult pretest and posttest surveys to evaluate immediate program effectiveness;
- An online or paper instructor’s survey to assess the quality of the lesson presentation;
- An online or paper fidelity checklist to increase implementation reliability;
- Online resources to support program implementation and evaluation;
- Phone and email program support; and
- Separate online or onsite certified training workshops to learn how to provide the InShape WLT program, or train others to implement it, with fidelity and maximum effectiveness.
We know you will find InShape WLT an easy, enjoyable, and effective way to promote the mental and physical wellbeing of adults in your organization or region.
Cost: $529 per instructor manual