InShape PPW Program for Young Adults
InShape PPW Program for Young Adults
Welcome to InShape Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW)! InShape PPW is a quick and easy to use prevention with wellness intervention for professionals, peer leaders and others who want to promote resilient active, healthy and substance-abuse free lifestyles among college students and other young adults.
InShape PPW was developed with funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and is listed as an evidence-based program on the federal government’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP), Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development and other evidence-based registries.
InShape PPW is the country’s only single-session program designed to increase wellness-enhancing behaviors including physical activity, healthy eating, getting adequate sleep, and practicing stress control while avoiding alcohol, tobacco, e-cigarettes, prescription drug misuse, marijuana and illicit drug use.
InShape PPW targets naturally motivating positive peer and desired future images to increase personal goal setting to improve multiple wellness habits and positive self-identity. InShape PPW is highly flexible and can be used as a stand-alone program, or as an add-on component to other prevention, health, sports, fitness, recreation, education or intervention programs.
The InShape PPW program was designed to help young adults look and feel more active, fit and healthy by having them:
- Identify wellness enhancing behaviors, along with drug use habits that interfere with reaching wellness behavior goals and positive self-images;
- Become aware of positive images of youth engaged in wellness promoting behaviors, and desired images of themselves in the future; and
- Make a commitment to set and monitor multiple goals to increase wellness promoting behaviors, while avoiding wellness harming substance use.
Your InShape PPW manual and program contain the following materials:
- Step-by-step implementation directions;
- Self-administered wellness behavior screening survey;
- Scripts for providing an individual one-on-one or optional group lesson that uses positive image content linking wellness and substance use behaviors;
- Set of colorful slides with illustrations of young adults modeling wellness habits;
- Goal plan and contract for motivating multiple behavior change;
- Optional group exercise to increase classroom interaction during the group lesson;
- Feedback survey to evaluate program implementation fidelity and effectiveness;
- Instructor’s survey to assess the quality of the lesson presentation;
- Fidelity checklist to increase implementation reliability;
- Wellness resources addressing increasing physical activity, eating healthy, getting adequate sleep, managing stress, and avoiding alcohol, tobacco and illicit drug use;
- Digital download of reproducible materials and customizable PowerPoint slides;
- Phone and email program support; and
- Separate onsite and online certified training workshops to learn to provide the InShape PPW program, or train others to implement it, with fidelity and maximum effectiveness.
InShape PPW takes less than 60 minutes to implement. In addition to the original program format using a scripted lesson with PowerPoint slides, the InShape PPW program is also available in booklets for easy implementation.
We know you will find InShape PPW an easy, enjoyable and effective way to promote resilient fit, healthy and substance abuse-free lifestyles among your students and other young adults.
Online and Onsite Certified Program Implementer's and Training of Trainer's (TOTs) Workshops are also available. Learn more about how you can host a PPW Training Workshop: