Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW) provides brief evidence-based motivational programs and media campaigns that integrate substance use prevention with the promotion of healthy lifestyle behaviors, including physical activity and sports, healthy breakfast and nutrition, sleep, stress control and others, for prevention and health providers, teachers, coaches and parents working with children, adolescents and young adults.
Most substance use prevention and health promotion programs are too lengthy to reach all young people and do not address both substance use and common mental health and chronic disease risk behaviors such as lack of physical activity, poor nutrition, inadequate sleep and uncontrolled stress which together negatively influences youth physical and mental wellness.
PPW provides single-session evidence-based motivational programs and media campaigns that prevent substance use and promote lifestyle behaviors like physical activity and sports, nutrition and sleep to cost-effectively improve the mental and physical health of all youth and young adults across the US and abroad.
Mission & Vision
Provide practical but powerful tools to improve the physical and mental health of all youth.
"Youth Substance Use Prevention Promoting Healthy Lifestyle Behaviors"
Program and training offerings
- SPORT (Alcohol/Drug) Prevention Plus Wellness
- Marijuana Prevention Plus Wellness
- Vaping (E-cigarette) Prevention Plus Wellness
- Opioid Prevention Plus Wellness
- InShape Prevention Plus Wellness for Young Adults
- SPORT 2 Prevention Plus Wellness (6 lessons)
- Prevention Plus Wellness Parent Programs
- SPORT PPW Video Program
- Racial Justice Prevention Plus Wellness
- In God's Image Prevention Plus Wellness
- SPORT Alcohol PPW Media Campaign
- Marijuana PPW Media Campaign
- Vaping E-Cigarette PPW Media Campaign
- Opioid PPW Media Campaign
- Unlimited Prevention Plus Wellness Programs
- Online & Onsite Program Implementer Training Workshops
- Online & Onsite Training of Trainer Sessions
We provide free prevention programs to minority, women and veteran-owned small businesses serving youth and young adults based on their financial need.
Successes to Date
- Providing cost-effective Prevention Plus Wellness programs across all 50 states in the US and abroad,
- Training thousands of prevention and health professionals to provide and train others in using PPW programs in online and onsite workshops, and
- Providing practical but powerful tools to prevention and health professionals and parents for over 11 years.
Sign up today to start receiving notices of free webinars, special events, discounts and news about evidence-based substance use prevention with wellness programs and training for young people.