Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC
Media campaigns are an important and efficient way to deliver substance use prevention, health and safety messages to youth, parents, and communities. They are also a great way to get youth involved in tailoring, delivering and evaluating public health programs.
The newly updated, ready-to-implement Marijuana Prevention Plus Wellness Media Campaign was designed to correct myths, misconceptions, and norms about marijuana use, increase awareness of marijuana harm, media influences, improve knowledge of how to identify signs of use, provide positive youth and adult role models, enhance positive self-identity, increase youth self-regulation skills to set healthy behavior goals, and develop protective wellness lifestyles.
The content for the campaign was adapted from the evidence-informed Marijuana Prevention Plus Wellness motivational program for youth and includes information from essential evidence-informed sources, e.g., CDC.
The Marijuana PPW Media Campaign contains the following customizable materials:
- Steps for Implementing the PPW Media Campaign
- Marijuana PPW Banners & Posters
- Marijuana PPW Media Campaign Press Release
- Youth Cannabis Use & Risks Quiz with answers and scoring guide
- Essential Marijuana Terms
- What Should We Tell Youth About How Marijuana Use Affects Physical Activity?
- 10 Marijuana Risks Brochure
- 9 Myths About Marijuana Use Harm Flyer
- 10 Marijuana and Alcohol Harm Reduction Tips for Parents
- 7 Tips for Reducing Marijuana Risks
- 7 Critical Facts About Synthetic Marijuana
- Is Marijuana Really Safer Than Alcohol?
- Why is Marijuana Use Addictive?
- Youth PPW Health Behavior Survey
- Youth PPW Multiple Health Behavior Goal Plan
- Marijuana Marketing Literacy PowerPoint Slides
- Marijuana Marketing Literacy Quiz with answers and scoring guide
- Social media posts with content & illustrations promoting youth healthy habits while avoiding marijuana use
- Social media mini-videos modeling healthy youth behaviors with marijuana use prevention messages
- Online Youth Pretest/Posttest Health Behavior Evaluation Survey
The campaign banners, posters and press release can be used to announce and promote your Marijuana PPW Campaign. The remaining campaign items can be distributed throughout a targeted region to youth and adults or used to host community events.
Use the social media posts and mini-videos to have youth complete an online health behavior screening survey and goal plan. In addition, use the Online Youth Pretest/Posttest Surveys and quizzes to assess campaign outcomes.
The advantage of the Marijuana PPW Media Campaign is that it is a fully-loaded, ready-to-use campaign that can save you and your organization a tremendous amount of time and effort, versus starting from scratch to create your own campaign content and materials.
Campaign materials are provided in digital downloads allowing you to make unlimited copies for your organization. All materials can be used as is, or customized by including your organizations name, contact info, logo, local data, images, etc.
The Prevention Plus Wellness theme “Living an Active & Fit Lifestyle” is used to emphasize a positive message of choosing and practicing healthy lifestyle habits while avoiding counterproductive and harmful marijuana use.
However, the campaign theme, images and content can be tailored to fit your organization and population’s needs, as long as you retain the source of the materials as by Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC.
Cost: $999 per instructor per school district or county
Add the Marijuana Parent PPW Program to train parents/caregivers how to provide positive health behavior messages and goal setting to avoid cannabis use for their youth at home: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/parent-prevention-plus-wellness-programs