The following Big 9 healthy lifestyle behaviors have been shown to help youth feel and perform at their very best mentally and physically in school, work, play and relationships. Answer yes or no to the 10 questions below to test your current level of wellness.
In the past 30 days, did you…
- Get 60 minutes or more of moderate to vigorous physical activity every day? (For example, walking, running, swimming, playing sports, doing chores, doing Pilates)
- Limit your non-school related screen time to 2 or fewer hours every day? (For example, TV, computer, smart phone, tablet, online games)
- Eat breakfast every morning?
- Eat 5 or more fruits and vegetables every day?
- Get 8 or more hours of sleep every night?
- Practice active relaxation every day? (For example, do deep slow breathing, walk in nature, sit in a quiet place, meditate, pray, take a bath, play with a pet, do yoga, listen to quiet music)
- Avoid using alcohol, marijuana, and other drugs every day?
- Avoid using e-cigarettes and tobacco every day?
- Avoid using opioids, other prescriptions, and taking any pills for non-medical reasons every day?
For every “yes” response you gave to practicing the above healthy behaviors, the more energetic, active, and fit you are currently.
Meanwhile, every “no” response is an opportunity to make small changes toward feeling and doing better and experiencing greater wellness, happiness, and success in the future.
To help you increase the number of healthy lifestyle behaviors you practice and to achieve the level of mental and physical fitness you desire, complete the 5-minute Prevention Plus Wellness Goal Plan found by opening the QR code below.
Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC
©All Rights Reserved, 2023