Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC
Media campaigns are an important and efficient way to deliver substance use prevention, health and safety messages to youth, parents, and communities. They are also a great way to get youth involved in tailoring, delivering, and evaluating public health programs.
The ready-to-implement Opioid Prevention Plus Wellness Media Campaign was designed to correct myths, misconceptions, and norms about prescription opioid misuse, increase awareness of opioid harm, provide positive youth and adult role models, enhance positive self-identity, increase youth self-regulation skills to set healthy behavior goals, and develop protective wellness lifestyles.
The content for the campaign was adapted from the evidence-informed Opioid Prevention Plus Wellness motivational program for youth and includes information from essential evidence-informed sources, e.g., CDC.
The Opioid PPW Media Campaign contains the following customizable materials:
- Steps for Implementing the PPW Media Campaign
- Opioid PPW Banners & Posters
- Opioid PPW Media Campaign Press Release
- Solutions to Opioid Misuse
- Opioid Misuse Impact on Teen Brains
- Sleep and Adolescent Opioid Misuse
- Opioid Misuse and Youth Suicide
- The Truth About Opioids
- Opioid Facts for Youth
- What is Prescription Opioid Misuse?
- What are Opioids?
- How are Prescription Opioids Misused?
- How the Body Responds to Opioids
- Opioids and Youth
- Talking with Your Youth About Opioids
- Opioid Facts for Parents
- Youth PPW Health Behavior Survey
- Youth PPW Multiple Health Behavior Goal Plan
- Social media posts with content & illustrations promoting youth healthy habits while avoiding opioid misuse
- Social media mini-videos modeling healthy youth behaviors with opioid use prevention messages
- Online Youth Pretest/Posttest Health Behavior Evaluation Survey
The campaign banners, posters and press release can be used to announce and promote your Opioid PPW Campaign. The remaining campaign items can be distributed throughout a targeted region to youth and adults or used to host community events.
Use the social media posts and mini-videos to have youth complete an online health behavior screening survey and goal plan. In addition, use the Online Youth Pretest/Posttest Surveys to assess campaign outcomes.
The advantage of the Opioid PPW Media Campaign is that it is a fully-loaded, ready-to-use campaign that can save you and your organization a tremendous amount of time and effort, versus starting from scratch to create your own campaign content and materials.
Campaign materials are provided in digital downloads allowing you to make unlimited copies for your organization. All materials can be used as is, or customized by including your organizations name, contact info, logo, local data, images, etc.
The Prevention Plus Wellness theme “Living an Active & Fit Lifestyle” is used to emphasize a positive message of choosing and practicing healthy lifestyle habits while avoiding counterproductive and harmful opioid misuse.
However, the campaign theme, images and content can be tailored to fit your organization and population’s needs, as long as you retain the source of the materials as by Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC.
Cost: $899 per instructor per school district or county
Add the Opioid Parent PPW Program to train parents/caregivers how to provide positive health behavior messages and goal setting to avoid opioid misuse for their youth at home: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/parent-prevention-plus-wellness-programs