Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC
Media campaigns are an important and efficient way to deliver substance use prevention, health and safety messages to youth, parents, and communities. They are also a great way to get youth involved in tailoring, delivering, and evaluating public health programs.
The ready-to-implement Vaping E-Cigarette Prevention Plus Wellness Media Campaign was designed to correct myths, misconceptions, and norms about e-cigarette use, increase awareness of e-cigarette harm, media influences, provide positive youth and adult role models, enhance positive self-identity, increase youth self-regulation skills to set healthy behavior goals, and develop protective wellness lifestyles.
The content for the campaign was adapted from the evidence-informed Vaping Prevention Plus Wellness motivational program for youth and includes information from essential evidence-informed sources, e.g., CDC.
The Vaping E-Cigarette PPW Media Campaign contains the following customizable materials:
- Steps for Implementing the PPW Media Campaign
- Vaping PPW Banners & Posters
- Vaping PPW Media Campaign Press Release
- Parent Tip Sheet to Talk to Teens About Vaping
- What Parents Should Know About Vaping
- Vaping Products Visual Dictionary
- E-Cigarettes: What is the Bottom Line?
- What Are Tobacco & Nicotine Vaping Products?
- 5 Vaping Facts You Need to Know
- Vaping E-Cigarettes and Instagram for Prevention Professionals
- What is in E-Cigarette Aerosol?
- How Does Vaping E-Cigarettes Affect Youth Mental Health?
- What is a JUUL?
- JUUL Infographic
- What’s Better than Juuling PowerPoint Slides
- Risks of E-Cigarettes for Youth
- Youth PPW Health Behavior Survey
- Youth PPW Multiple Health Behavior Goal Plan
- Social media posts with content & illustrations promoting youth healthy habits while avoiding e-cigarette use
- Social media mini-videos modeling healthy youth behaviors with e-cigarette use prevention messages
- Online Youth Pretest/Posttest Health Behavior Evaluation Survey
The campaign banners, posters and press release can be used to announce and promote your Vaping PPW Campaign. The remaining campaign items can be distributed throughout a targeted region to youth and adults or used to host community events.
Use the social media posts and mini-videos to have youth complete an online health behavior screening survey and goal plan. In addition, use the Online Youth Pretest/Posttest Surveys to assess campaign outcomes.
The advantage of the Vaping PPW Media Campaign is that it is a fully-loaded, ready-to-use campaign that can save you and your organization a tremendous amount of time and effort, versus starting from scratch to create your own campaign content and materials.
Campaign materials are provided in digital downloads allowing you to make unlimited copies for your organization. All materials can be used as is, or customized by including your organizations name, contact info, logo, local data, images, etc.
The Prevention Plus Wellness theme “Living an Active & Fit Lifestyle” is used to emphasize a positive message of choosing and practicing healthy lifestyle habits while avoiding counterproductive and harmful e-cigarette use.
However, the campaign theme, images and content can be tailored to fit your organization and population’s needs, as long as you retain the source of the materials as by Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC.
Cost: $999 per instructor per school district or county
Add the Vaping Parent PPW Program to train parents/caregivers how to provide positive health behavior messages and goal setting to avoid e-cigarette use for their youth at home: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/parent-prevention-plus-wellness-programs