Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC
Media campaigns are an important and efficient way to deliver substance use prevention, health and safety messages to youth, parents, and communities. They are also a great way to get youth involved in tailoring, delivering and evaluating public health programs.
The ready-to-implement SPORT Alcohol/Drug Prevention Plus Wellness Media Campaign is designed to correct myths, misconceptions, and norms about alcohol use, increase awareness of alcohol harm, media influences, provide positive youth and adult role models, enhance positive self-identity, increase youth self-regulation skills to set healthy behavior goals, and develop protective wellness lifestyles.
The content for the campaign was adapted from the evidence-based SPORT Prevention Plus Wellness motivational program for youth and includes information from essential evidence-informed sources, e.g., CDC.
The SPORT Alcohol/Drug PPW Media Campaign contains the following customizable materials:
- Steps for Implementing the PPW Media Campaign
- Alcohol PPW Banners & Posters
- Alcohol PPW Media Campaign Press Release
- Parent/Youth Flyers
- Underage Drinking: Myth vs. Facts
- How to Help Someone Experiencing an Alcohol Overdose
- Negative Effects of Underage Drinking
- What is Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD)?
- Exercise is Medicine for Youth in Alcohol/Drug Treatment
- Adolescent Alcohol Use Reductions & Academic Benefits
- How Much Sleep Do You Really Need?
- Mental Wellbeing Risk & Protective Factors
- Adolescent Health Behaviors and Mental Health
- Protective Factors as a Path to Better Youth Mental Health
- Youth PPW Health Behavior Survey
- Youth PPW Multiple Health Behavior Goal Plan
- Alcohol Marketing Literacy PowerPoint Slides
- Social media posts with content & illustrations promoting youth healthy habits while avoiding alcohol use
- Social media mini-videos modeling healthy youth behaviors with alcohol use prevention messages
- Online Youth Pretest/Posttest Health Behavior Evaluation Survey
The campaign banners/posters and press release can be used to announce and promote your SPORT Alcohol/Drug PPW Campaign. The remaining campaign items can be distributed throughout a targeted region to youth and adults or used to host community events.
Use the social media posts and mini-videos to have youth complete an online health behavior screening survey and goal plan. In addition, use the Online Youth Pretest/Posttest Surveys to assess campaign outcomes.
The advantage of the SPORT Alcohol/Drug PPW Media Campaign is that it is a fully-loaded, ready-to-use campaign that can save you and your organization a tremendous amount of time and effort, versus starting from scratch to create your own campaign content and materials.
Campaign materials are provided in digital downloads allowing you to make unlimited copies for your organization. All materials can be used as is, or customized by including your organizations name, contact info, logo, local data, images, etc.
The Prevention Plus Wellness theme “Living an Active & Fit Lifestyle” is used to emphasize a positive message of choosing and practicing healthy lifestyle habits while avoiding counterproductive and harmful alcohol use.
However, the campaign theme, images and content can be tailored to fit your organization and population’s needs, as long as you retain the source of the materials as by Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC.
Cost: $699 per instructor
Add the SPORT Parent PPW Program to train parents/caregivers how to provide positive health behavior messages and goal setting to avoid alcohol and drug use for their youth at home: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/parent-prevention-plus-wellness-programs