Prevention Plus Wellness Adult Recovery
Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW) Adult Recovery is an easy to use, single-session prevention with wellness program for professionals who want to promote active, healthy and substance-abuse free lifestyles among adults in recovery or treatment. PPW Adult Recovery is founded on our evidence-based Prevention Plus Wellness Model, which has been used to effectively develop nearly two dozen brief interventions that integrate wellness promotion with substance abuse prevention.
PPW Adult Recovery is a single session program designed to increase wellness enhancing behaviors, including physical activity and exercise, healthy eating, getting adequate sleep, and practicing stress control strategies while maintaining recovery by avoiding alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and other drug use. PPW Adult Recovery targets naturally motivating positive wellness-based images to increase personal goal setting to improve multiple health habits and positive self-identity.
PPW Adult Recovery is highly flexible and can be used as a stand-alone program, or as an add-on component to other recovery, treatment and intervention programs. It can also be repeated over time, providing a sustained intervention.
The PPW Adult Recovery Program was designed to help adults look and feel more active, fit and healthy by having them:
- Identify wellness enhancing behaviors, along with risk habits that interfere with reaching wellness behavior goals and positive self-images;
- Become aware of positive images of youth engaged in wellness promoting behaviors, and desired images of themselves in the future; and
- Make a commitment to set and monitor multiple goals to increase wellness promoting behaviors, while avoiding wellness harming behaviors.
The PPW Adult Recovery Manual contains the following materials for implementation in one-on-one coaching and group formats:
- Step-by-step implementation directions and tips;
- Brief self-administered wellness behavior screen;
- Tailored scripts for providing an individual adult or optional group lesson;
- Set of colorful slides to view during the lesson;
- Group exercise to increase classroom interaction during the group lesson;
- Goal plan for motivating multiple behavior change;
- Implementer’s chart to assess the quality of the lesson presentation;
- Feedback survey for participants to evaluate the quality of the lesson; and
- A pre-post behavior outcome evaluation survey.