Gain an understanding of wellness and its essential role in holistic substance use prevention practice for enhancing the mental and physical wellbeing of youth and young adults.
Part I Objectives:
- Describe models of wellness and how wellness relates to substance use prevention.
- Identify how youth are at risk for substance use and mental and chronic disease risk behaviors simultaneously.
- Explore associations between wellness-promoting behaviors and substance use, mental health and physical health among US adolescents.
Part II Objectives:
- List the benefits of the “Big 3 + 1” health behaviors of physical activity, healthy eating, and sleep plus relaxation practices for promoting youth wellness.
- Examine recent research highlighting relationships between wellness behaviors and youth substance use, mental health and physical health.
Part III Objectives:
- Review evidence-based programs that integrate substance use prevention with wellness promotion for youth and young adults.
- Explore a 6-step evidence-based model for providing brief programs and campaigns for youth and young adults that holistically integrate prevention with wellness promotion.
Dates: February 21st, 22nd & 23rd
Times: 12:00pm ET/9:00am PT
Length: 60 minutes each
Register for Part I Tuesday February 21st: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_YpE2hu22TguJYxXcCYuw1A
Register for Part II Wednesday February 22nd: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_IHId549MQkiSKeRJAEB9gA
Register for Part III Thursday February 22nd: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_oVsEURuiS_aoouLDnmeyxw
CEU Certificates: 3 1-hour CEU certificates available upon completing each
Learn more: https://preventionpluswellness.com/blogs/news