Welcome to Vaping Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW)! Vaping PPW is a quick and easy to use brief intervention for professionals, peer leaders and parents who want to prevent e-cigarette and other substance use and promote protective wellness behaviors and positive identities among youth.
New 2020 program manuals with digital downloads of reproducible materials include:
- Updated program PowerPoint slides with new images of youth modeling wellness behaviors
- More interactive program content
- Protocols for providing program to youth remotely online as well as face-to-face
- Updated introduction and step-by-step directions for implementation
- New program manual section showing screening survey and updated goal plan/contract
- Easier to follow scripts for providing the program to youth individually or in groups
- Updated pre and posttest scannable surveys, instructor’s survey and fidelity checklist
- Optional online goal plan/contract and pre-posttest surveys that allow monitoring of program outcomes
Vaping PPW is an evidence-informed brief intervention founded on the SPORT Prevention Plus Wellness program which is listed in the National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP), Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development and other evidence-based registries. Furthermore, it utilizes an evidence-based practices screening and brief intervention format recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Vaping PPW is the only single-session e-cigarette use prevention program designed to increase wellness-enhancing behaviors including physical activity, sports participation, healthy eating, getting adequate sleep, and practicing stress control. It can be implemented in any setting including school, community, health care, sports, recreation, juvenile justice, home and more.https://preventionpluswellness.com/pages/contact-us