The following Big 9 healthy lifestyle behaviors have been shown to help youth feel and perform at their very best mentally and physically in school, work, play and relationships. Answer to the best of your knowledge, whether your youth practices the following wellness-promoting behaviors.
Does your youth…
- Get 60 minutes or more of moderate to vigorous physical activity every day? (For example, walking, running, swimming, playing sports, doing chores, doing Pilates)
- Limit their non-school related screen time to 2 or fewer hours every day? (For example, TV, computer, smart phone, tablet, online games)
- Eat breakfast every morning?
- Eat 5 or more fruits and vegetables every day?
- Get 8 or more hours of sleep every night?
- Practice active relaxation every day? (For example, do deep slow breathing, walk in nature, sit in a quiet place, meditate, pray, take a bath, play with a pet, do yoga, listen to quiet music)
- Avoid using alcohol, marijuana, and other drugs every day?
- Avoid using e-cigarettes and tobacco every day?
- Avoid using opioids, other prescriptions, and taking any pills for non-medical reasons every day?
For every “yes” response to the above healthy behaviors, the more energetic, active, and fit your youth is currently. Meanwhile, every “no” response is an opportunity for your youth to make small changes toward feeling and doing better and experiencing greater wellness, happiness, and success in the future.
To help your youth increase the number of healthy lifestyle behaviors they practice and achieve their maximum level of mental and physical fitness, ask your youth to take the same quiz above and then complete the 5-minute Prevention Plus Wellness Goal Plan to improve their wellness level using the QR code below.
In addition, complement your youth whenever you see them engaged in a healthy behavior and remind them of how substance use interferes with living an active, fit, and happy lifestyle.
Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC, ©All Rights Reserved, 2023