Below is a brief check-up survey designed to help youth reflect on their health habits and consider making changes to protect and improve their mental and physical wellbeing.
Directions: Circle one response for each question below.
In the last 30 days, did you…
- Get 60 minutes or more of physical activity every day (For example, walking, running, swimming, sports, chores)? Yes or No
- Limit your non-school related screen time (TV, computer, smart phone, tablet, online games) to 2 or fewer hours every day? Yes or No
- Eat breakfast every morning? Yes or No
- Get 8 or more hours of sleep every night? Yes or No
- Avoid using alcohol, marijuana and other drugs every day? Yes or No
- Avoid using e-cigarettes and tobacco every day? Yes or No
- Practice active relaxation every day to reduce stress (For example, do deep slow breathing, walk in nature, sit in a quiet place, meditate, pray, take a bath, play with a pet, do yoga, listen to quiet music)? Yes or No
Scoring: Total the number of YES responses.
7 = Excellent. You are a wellness hero and model for others!
6 = Good. Worthy effort and almost at the top!
5 = Fair. With room for improvement.
4 or less = Bad. Great time to start working on improving your personal wellness!
For more information about healthy lifestyle behaviors, go to: https://preventionpluswellness.com/pages/healthy-lifestyle-guidelines-for-youth-and-young-adult-goal-setting
Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC
©All Rights Reserved, 2023
Download a copy: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1117/8352/files/Youth_Wellness_Lifestyle_Check_Up_cae7c9bd-99ed-4bcb-9c19-a409f6d467d9.pdf?v=1683576956