InShape Prevention Plus Wellness is the nation’s only easy to use, single-session substance use prevention program designed to increase fitness, health and performance-enhancing behaviors like physical activity, exercise, healthy eating, getting adequate sleep, and practicing stress control while avoiding harmful substance use for young adults.
InShape PPW was evaluated with funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and is listed as an evidence-based program on the federal government’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP).
InShape PPW targets naturally motivating positive images to increase personal goal setting to improve multiple wellness habits and positive self-identity. InShape PPW is highly flexible and can be used as a stand-alone program, or as an add-on component to other prevention, health, fitness, recreation, sports, education or intervention programs. It can also be repeated over time, providing a sustained intervention.
The InShape PPW Program was designed to help young adults look and feel more active, fit and healthy by having them:
- Identify wellness enhancing behaviors, along with drug use habits that interfere with reaching wellness behavior goals and positive self-images;
- Become aware of positive images of young adults engaged in wellness promoting behaviors, and desired images of themselves in the future; and
- Make a commitment to set and monitor multiple goals to increase wellness promoting behaviors, while avoiding wellness harming substance use.
The InShape PPW manual and program contain the following materials:
- Step-by-step implementation directions and tips;
- Brief self-administered wellness behavior screen;
- Tailored scripts for providing an individual young adult or optional group lesson;
- Set of colorful slides to present during the lesson;
- Goal plan for motivating multiple behavior change;
- Group exercise to increase classroom interaction during the group lesson;
- Feedback survey for participating young adults to evaluate the quality of the lesson;
- Implementer’s chart to assess the quality of the lesson presentation;
- Fidelity checklist to increase implementation reliability;
- Pre-posttest behavior outcome evaluation survey;
- Digital download of reproducible and customizable materials and PowerPoint slides;
- Phone and email program support; and
- Self-paced e-learning training.
Online and onsite Certified Program Implementer's Workshops are available. Onsite Training of Trainer's (TOTs) Workshops are also available. Learn more about how you can host a PPW Training Workshop: