Parent Pep Talks
The Parent Pep Talks Program is an easy to use prevention with wellness program for parents and guardians who want to promote active, healthy, successful, and substance-abuse free lifestyles among their youth.
Parent Pep Talks is founded on our proven, evidence-based Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW) Model, which has been used to effectively develop dozens of programs and tools that connect wellness promotion with avoidance of risk behaviors like substance use.
Help empower parents and guardians to provide positive messages motivating their youth to set goals to live a wellness lifestyle. Each of the seven pep talks are quickly downloaded to make unlimited copies for parents in your community.
Parent Pep Talks is a seven-session program created to prevent marijuana, alcohol, tobacco and other drug use while increasing youths’ wellness enhancing behaviors, including physical activity and sports, healthy eating and nutrition, monitoring calorie intake and weight, controlling stress, and planning for school success.
The Parent Pep Talks Program targets naturally motivating positive wellness images to increase personal goal setting to improve multiple health habits and positive self-identity of youth. The Pep Talks Program was designed to help youth look and feel more active, fit, successful, and healthy by having them:
- Identify wellness enhancing behaviors, along with risk habits that interfere with reaching wellness behavior goals and positive self-images;
- Become aware of positive images of youth engaged in wellness promoting behaviors, and desired images of themselves in the future; and
- Make a commitment to set and monitor multiple goals to increase wellness promoting behaviors, while avoiding wellness harming habits.
The Parent Pep Talks Program contains the following materials:
- Step-by-step implementation directions for parents;
- Brief youth wellness behavior surveys;
- Parent pep talk scripts for providing youth with wellness messages;
- Colorful slides to show to youth during the pep talks;
- Goal plans for motivating multiple positive behavior change among youth; and
- Wellness behavior resources for parents and youth.