Prevention Plus Wellness Program Training Workshops
We know you are a busy professional. That is why our Certified Program Implementer’s Training Workshop is only 4-5 hours, and our Training of Trainer’s Workshop is just 2-3 additional hours.
This allows even the busiest professionals and youth leaders to get the training they need to implement, or train others to implement, our evidence-based and evidence-informed Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW) programs with fidelity and success.
We also know that cost and staff availability can sometimes prevent organizations from providing effective prevention programs.
Our mission is to provide everyone who wants to promote active, healthy and drug-free lifestyles among youths and young adults with Prevention Plus Wellness programs and training.
We now offer complementary Onsite Certified PPW Program Implementer Workshops and program materials for regional host organizations, and Training of Trainer Workshops at 33% off, to help organizations leverage their funding and staff.
We have conducted training workshops for as few as 6-8 people, and as many as you need to have trained.
- Learn how to effectively use the nation’s only single-session screening and brief interventions which prevent substance use while promoting physically active and healthy lifestyles, positive self-images, and self-regulation skills among youth and young adults.
- Develop knowledge, skills and confidence to implement, or train others to implement, the evidence-based SPORT and InShape Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW) Programs or any of our evidence-informed PPW programs with fidelity.
- Learn how to monitor the quality of program implementation, and conduct a feasible pre-posttest assessment of program outcomes.
- Learn to use scripts for providing PPW programs to individual participants (maximum tailoring) as well as in optional group format.
- No travel costs.
- Waved training charges for regional and state workshops
- Two complementary PPW program manuals for the host organization
- Just one-day training to become a certified program implementer & trainer
- Training of Trainers (TOT) increases flexibility and program reach
- Professional staff and youth leaders can be trained
- Includes new program manuals & digital downloads allowing unlimited implementation
- Includes program training materials (TOT)
- 3-year certification as an implementer or trainer
- Free introductory training to learn about SPORT & InShape PPW
Typical Training Workshop Schedule:
- Introduction & Knowledge Instruction in SPORT/InShape Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW) Programs: 2 hours and everyone is invited. Free.
- SPORT/InShape PPW Certified Program Implementer's Training: 2-3 hours ($499/program/person, and $399 early registration discounted price)
- SPORT PPW Certified Training of Trainer: 2-3 hours ($999/program/person, and $899 early registration discounted price)
- Total training 7-8 hours in length
- Call to get discounted prices (904) 472-5022
One type is onsite training workshops for adults to become Certified Program Implementers and/or Trainers of other implementers. Both of these workshops come with 3-year certifications.
The second type of training is Youth Leadership Training in Prevention Plus Wellness which is designed for young people to become Certified Program Implementers or Trainers in PPW programs.
The third type of training is the Director, Supervisor & Grant Specialist Training is conducted live online or by phone conference.
A fourth type of training is the Online PPW Program Implementers Instruction.
Lastly, Parent Leader Training is available for professionals and parents who wish to train other parents in the use of our Parent Pep Talks Program and Teen Contracts.