Prevention Plus Wellness Program Training Workshops
We know you are a busy professional. That is why our Certified Program Implementer’s Training Workshop is only a couple of hours, and our Training of Trainer’s Workshop is just two additional hours.
This allows even the busiest professionals to get the training they need to implement, or train others to implement, our evidence-based and evidence-informed Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW) programs with fidelity and success.
We also know that cost and staff availability can sometimes prevent organizations from providing effective prevention programs.
Our mission is to provide everyone who wants to promote resiliently active, healthy and drug-free lifestyles among youths and young adults with Prevention Plus Wellness programs and training.
We offer live Online PPW Program Implementer and Training of Trainer (TOT) Workshops to increase access and ease, and reduce cost to training.
Each of our workshops are designed to provide the latest in best practices to ensure you are implementing, or training others to implement, Prevention Plus Wellness programs with fidelity and maximum effectiveness.
Prevention and health professionals can be trained to provide PPW programs, as well as youth leaders to expand program reach and provide prevention leadership experiences for young people.
We provide two training opportunities for prevention, health and fitness professionals to become Certified Prevention Plus Wellness Program Implementers and Training of Trainers.
1. Online Program Training Workshops
The Certified Program Implementer and Training of Trainer Workshops are offered live online for busy professionals to receive the training they need to implement or train others to implement any of our evidence-based or evidence-informed programs.
2. Onsite Program Training Workshops
This option allows training for those at your organization at a time and place of your choosing. We can arrange a PPW Program Training Workshop in as little as two weeks, depending upon your needs. The onsite workshop prices can be very cost-effective for groups of prevention or health specialists seeking to become trained.
PPW Program Training Workshop Goals:
- Describe the need for effective programs that address multiple health risks of youth and young adults by integrating wellness promotion with substance use prevention (i.e., Prevention Plus Wellness), as well as PPW program components, models, research and implementation steps.
- Identify how to effectively implement single-session screening and brief interventions which prevent substance use while promoting physical activity and other healthy behaviors, positive identities, and self-regulation skills.
- Develop knowledge, skills and confidence to implement, or train others to implement, the evidence-based SPORT, InShape or other PPW programs with fidelity.
- Discuss how to monitor the quality and outcomes of program implementation and how to extend and sustain programs over time.
PPW Program Training Benefits:
- Online training eliminates travel costs.
- Less than a day to become a certified program implementer or trainer
- Training of Trainers (TOT) workshops increase flexibility & program reach
- Professional staff and youth leaders can be trained
- Includes the latest best practices, program manuals & digital downloads allowing unlimited implementation
- TOT workshops include program training materials
- 3-year certification as an implementer or trainer