Training of Trainer (TOT) Instructions and Tools
Welcome TOTs! You have been given access to this site because you successfully completed an Onsite Training of Trainer Workshop and are now a Certified Prevention Plus Wellness Program Trainer for a three-year period.
That means you have the rights and responsibilities to provide Onsite Prevention Plus Wellness Program Implementer Workshops for other professionals and youth leaders in your region.
Listed below are the steps for training other program implementers, your rights and responsibilities, and tools to ensure you train PPW Program Implementers with fidelity and effectiveness.
Steps for Training Program Implementers
- Prior to holding your Onsite Program Implementers Workshop, order program materials so every participant has their own program manual during the training.
- Prior to holding your Onsite Program Implementers Workshop, contact Prevention Plus Wellness (email@example.com) to request a log-in name and password to provide the Online PPW Program Implementer Education Program to participants during your workshop.
- Prior to your training workshop, download and make copies of the Prevention Plus Wellness Certified Program Implementer Workshop Agenda and Checklist for participants.
- During your training, follow the Prevention Plus Wellness Certified Program Implementer Workshop Agenda, and checkoff items as you complete them during the training workshop.
- After introductions and presenting of training goal and objectives, present the Online PPW Program Implementer Program to the group (internet connection required).
- Demonstrate and then have participants practice (with you providing feedback) the individual and group program scripts with goal plans once each.
- Distribute and ask all participants to complete the Program Implementer Training Evaluation Form.
- After your training workshop, email or mail all completed Program Implementer Training Evaluation Forms to PPW: (firstname.lastname@example.org, Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC, 3595 Forest Bend Terrace, Jacksonville, FL 32224).
- Give workshop participants the homework assignment of practicing both program scripts three more times by themselves or with a partner, including using PowerPoint slides, goal plans, feedback forms and implementer charts.
- Have trained participants demonstrate their ability to implement both program scripts with fidelity using the implementer charts as the evaluation tool prior to initiating implementation with youth.
- Show participants how to download the appropriate Excel spreadsheet from the PPW website (https://preventionpluswellness.com/pages/program-fidelity-outcomes-support) and how to enter the screening and feedback survey data into the spreadsheet.
- Submit workshop participant names, the PPW program(s) used in the training, workshop date, program evaluation forms, a group picture and t-shirt sizes for each participant to receive individual certificates and PPW Lifestyle t-shirts (with new program order) to: email@example.com.
TOT Rights and Responsibilities
- TOTs may not copy or distribute any SPORT/InShape program materials, in whole or part.
- TOTs may not represent themselves as employees or agents of Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC.
- When conducting SPORT/InShape Program Implementer workshops, trainers must use and follow all training materials provided.
- Individuals who successfully completed the TOT Workshop will be authorized to provide SPORT/InShape in-person workshops only within the designated region where they were trained.
- TOTs may not provide SPORT/InShape webinars or online workshops for providers.
- TOTs are not permitted to train other trainers.
- TOTs may not solicit any individuals for personal benefit or financial gain.
- Prior to holding any PPW Program Implementer Training Workshop, TOTs must require each participant to order (from Prevention Plus Wellness) a copy of the specific SPORT/InShape program manual for the training workshop.
- Prior to holding any PPW Program Implementer Training Workshop, TOTs must contact the PPW Head Office and request a log-in name and password to access the Online PPW Program Implementer Education Program to be shown during the Training Workshop.
- After each PPW Program Implementer Training Workshop, TOTs must submit to the home office Program Implementer Training Evaluation forms for every new program implementer trained.
- TOTs must maintain certification by receiving a TOT Retraining Workshop every three-years.
Do you have ideas, suggestions or comments about what works and what doesn't work to train Prevention Plus Wellness Program Implementers with fidelity and success based on your experiences? Share your thoughts with us today: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us make Prevention Plus Wellness programs and training even more effective, practical and fun for young people and their families throughout America. Thank you!