SPORT Marijuana Awareness Program
SPORT Marijuana Awareness Program
New 2019 Program Now Available!
Welcome to the SPORT Marijuana Awareness Program (MAP)! SPORT MAP is a quick and easy to use prevention with wellness intervention for professionals, peer leaders and parents who want to promote resilient active, healthy and marijuana use-free lifestyles among youth.
SPORT MAP is an evidence-informed intervention adopted from SPORT Prevention Plus Wellness which is listed on the federal government’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP), Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development and other evidence-based program registries.
SPORT MAP is the country’s only single-session screening and brief intervention designed to increase youth wellness-enhancing behaviors including physical activity, sports participation, healthy eating, getting adequate sleep, and practicing stress control while also preventing marijuana use. And it takes less than 50 minutes to implement!
SPORT MAP targets naturally motivating positive peer and desired future images to increase personal goal setting to improve multiple wellness habits and positive self-identity. SPORT MAP is highly flexible and can be used as a stand-alone program, or as an add-on component to other prevention, health, sports, fitness, recreation, education or intervention programs.
The SPORT MAP program was designed to help youth look and feel more active, fit and healthy by having them:
- Identify wellness enhancing behaviors, along with how marijuana use interferes with reaching wellness behavior goals and positive self-images;
- Become aware of positive images of youth engaged in wellness promoting behaviors, and desired images of themselves in the future; and
- Make a commitment to set and monitor multiple goals to increase wellness promoting behaviors, while avoiding marijuana and other substance use.
Your SPORT MAP manual and program contain the following materials:
- Step-by-step implementation directions;
- Brief self-administered youth health and fitness behavior screening survey;
- Scripts for providing an individual one-on-one or optional group lesson that uses positive image content linking wellness and marijuana use behaviors;
- Set of colorful slides with illustrations of youth modeling wellness habits;
- Goal plan and contract for motivating multiple behavior change;
- Optional group exercise to increase classroom interaction during the group lesson;
- Youth feedback survey to evaluate program implementation fidelity and effectiveness;
- Instructor’s survey to assess the quality of the lesson presentation;
- Fidelity checklist to increase implementation reliability;
- Optional marijuana resources;
- Digital download of reproducible materials and customizable PowerPoint slides;
- Phone and email program support; and
- Separate onsite and online certified training workshops to learn to provide the SPORT MAP program, or train others to implement it, with fidelity and maximum effectiveness.
We know you will find SPORT MAP an easy, enjoyable and effective way to promote resilient fit, healthy and marijuana use-free lifestyles among your youth.
Online and Onsite Certified Program Implementer's Workshops are available. Onsite Training of Trainer's (TOTs) Workshops are also available. Learn more about how you can host a PPW Training Workshop: