Training goals include:
- Learn about the need for programs that integrate wellness promotion with substance use prevention, as well as Prevention Plus Wellness Program components, models, research and implementation steps.
- Learn how to effectively use the nation’s only single-session screening and brief interventions which prevent substance use while promoting physically active and healthy lifestyles, positive self-images, and self-regulation skills among youth and young adults.
- Develop knowledge, skills and confidence to implement, or train others to implement, the evidence-based SPORT and InShape Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW) Programs or any of our evidence-informed PPW programs with fidelity.
- Learn how to monitor the quality of program implementation and conduct a feasible pre-posttest assessment of program outcomes.
Length: Approximately 2 hours
Date: Friday March 15th
Time: 11:30am EST/8:30am PST
Register: Request registration link after ordering.
Online Training Workshop Requirements:
- Have your program manual(s) in hand to practice.
- Pay for the training workshop in advance of the session.
- Use a device with either a wired internet connection or a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- Use a device with a built-in or add-on microphone so we can hear you speak.
- Use a device with a build-in or add-on camera so we can see you.
- It’s best to use a headset with mic to eliminate background noise in your setting.
Please like and share this important information with others in your region and state. Thank you!