Opioid Prevention Plus Wellness Programs
One-session evidence-based opioid prevention program for reaching youth in any setting and situation with effective prevention and wellness content and tools.
Welcome to Opioid Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW)! Opioid PPW is a quick and easy to use screening and brief intervention for prevention and health professionals and parents who want to prevent opioid use disorder (OUD) and promote protective wellness lifestyles and identities among youth and young adults.
Opioid PPW is an evidence-informed intervention adopted from the InShape Prevention Plus Wellness program which is listed on the National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP), Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development and other evidence-based program registries. In addition, it utilizes an evidence-based practices screening and brief intervention format recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Opioid PPW is the only single-session opioid use prevention program designed to increase wellness-enhancing behaviors including physical activity, healthy eating, getting adequate sleep, and practicing stress control. It can be implemented in any setting including school, community, health care, sports, recreation, juvenile justice, at home and more.
Opioid PPW is founded on the Behavior-Image Model, a wellness-related framework that targets naturally motivating positive peer and desired future images to increase motivation for change and multiple health behavior goal setting which in turn increases self-regulation skills of participants.
Opioid PPW is highly flexible and can be used as a stand-alone intervention, or as an add-on component to other prevention, health, sports, fitness, recreation, education, intervention or treatment programs. While it was created as a universal prevention intervention, many organizations use it as a selective and indicated prevention program for high-risk populations.
The Opioid PPW program was designed to help youth and young adults look and feel more active, fit and healthy using a three-step process of:
- Screening participants for their current health habits to increase awareness of their opioid misuse and wellness behaviors;
- Providing feedback on those health habits and positive image messages cuing desired future images of youth/young adults and increasing motivation for change; and
- Presenting a goal plan and contract to have participants set and monitor goals to avoid opioid misuse and increase protective wellness behaviors increasing self-control skills.
Your Opioid PPW program comes with a hard copy manual and a digital download of all reproducible materials needed to implement your program to countless participants. The Opioid PPW program includes:
- Step-by-step implementation directions;
- A brief self-administered wellness behavior screening survey;
- Scripts for providing an individual one-on-one or group feedback lesson that presents positive image content linking wellness and opioid misuse behaviors;
- A set of colorful slides with illustrations of youth or young adults modeling wellness habits;
- A goal plan/contract for motivating multiple behavior change;
- Online and paper participant pretest and posttest surveys to evaluate program implementation fidelity and effectiveness;
- An online and paper instructor’s survey to assess the quality of the lesson presentation;
- An online and paper fidelity checklist to increase implementation reliability;
- A Youth Online PPW Program Follow-up Goal Plan;
- Online resources to support program implementation and evaluation;
- Phone and email program support; and
- Separate online and onsite certified training workshops to learn to provide the Opioid PPW program, or train others to implement it, with fidelity and maximum effectiveness.
Opioid PPW takes less than 60 minutes to implement and is available in three versions for: 1) Adolescents, 2) Pregnant, postpartum and young women of childbearing age, and 3) Young men involved in the criminal justice system, veterans and blue-collar workers.
We know you will find the Opioid PPW program an easy, enjoyable and effective way to promote fit, healthy and opioid use disorder-free lifestyles among your youth and young adults.
Request a sample to preview: https://preventionpluswellness.com/pages/contact-us
Order this program with 2-hours live online training for implementers for just $249: https://preventionpluswellness.com/collections/live-online-ppw-program-training/products/live-online-certified-program-implementer-training
See how Opioid PPW meets National Health Education Standards: https://preventionpluswellness.com/pages/prevention-plus-wellness-programs-national-health-education-standards