Prevention Plus Wellness, LLC
NEW: 2023 program available!
The new 2023 Opioid PPW program comes with upgraded PowerPoint slides, scripts, pretest and posttest surveys and more.
Welcome to Opioid Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW)! Opioid PPW is a quick and easy to use positive youth development program for prevention and health professionals and parents who want to prevent opioid use disorder (OUD) and fentanyl use and promote healthy lifestyle behaviors and positive identities among youth.
Opioid PPW is an adaptation of the evidence-based InShape Prevention Plus Wellness program which is listed on the National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP), Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development and other evidence-based program registries. In addition, Opioid PPW utilizes an evidence-based practices screening and brief intervention format recognized by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
Opioid PPW is the only single-session opioid use prevention program designed to increase wellness-enhancing behaviors including physical activity, healthy eating, getting adequate sleep, and practicing stress control. It can be implemented in any setting including school, community, health care, sports, recreation, juvenile justice, at home and others.
Opioid PPW is founded on the Behavior-Image Model, a positive youth development-related framework that targets naturally motivating peer and desired future images to increase motivation for change and multiple health behavior goal setting which in turn increases self-regulation skills and self-efficacy of participants.
Opioid PPW is highly flexible and can be used as a stand-alone intervention, or as an add-on component to other prevention, health, sports, fitness, recreation, education, intervention, or treatment programs. While it was created as a universal prevention intervention, many organizations use it as a selective and indicated prevention program for high-risk populations.
The Opioid PPW program was designed to help youth look and feel more active, fit, and healthy using a three-step process of:
- Screening participants for their current health habits to increase awareness of their opioid misuse and healthy behaviors;
- Providing feedback cueing positive future images and the benefits of engaging in healthy behaviors and how opioid misuse harms them, to increase motivation for change; and
- Presenting a goal plan and contract to have participants set and monitor goals to avoid opioid misuse and increase protective wellness behaviors increasing self-control skills and self-efficacy.
Your Opioid PPW program comes with a manual and a digital download of all reproducible materials needed to implement your program to countless participants.
The Opioid PPW program includes:
- Step-by-step implementation directions;
- A brief self-administered wellness behavior screening survey;
- Scripts for easy presentation of both an individual or group lesson that presents positive image content linking healthy and opioid misuse behaviors;
- A set of colorful slides with illustrations of youth or young adults modeling wellness habits;
- A goal plan/contract for motivating multiple behavior change;
- Online or paper participant pretest and posttest surveys to evaluate immediate program effectiveness;
- An online or paper Instructor’s Survey to assess the quality of the lesson presentation;
- An online or paper Fidelity Checklist to increase implementation reliability;
- A Youth Online PPW Program Goal Plan to extend the program and follow-up with participants;
- Online resources to support program implementation and evaluation;
- Phone and email program support; and
- Separate online or onsite certified training workshops to learn to provide the Opioid PPW program, or train others to implement it, with fidelity and maximum effectiveness.
Opioid PPW takes less than 60 minutes to implement. We know you will find Opioid Prevention Plus Wellness an easy, enjoyable, and effective way to promote the mental and physical health of your youths.
Order this program with online self-paced training for implementers.
See how Opioid PPW meets National Health Education Standards.