Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW) programs use an evidence-based practices screening and brief intervention format as well as a positive youth development approach that integrates substance use prevention with healthy lifestyle behavior and identity promotion for youth and young adults.
Two PPW programs have been rigorously evaluated and found effective in preventing substance use and promoting healthy behaviors.
These include the SPORT Prevention Plus Wellness program for youth and the InShape Prevention Plus Wellness program for young adults: https://preventionpluswellness.com/pages/research-evaluating-ppw-programs
SPORT and InShape Prevention Plus Wellness are listed on numerous evidence-based registries and reviews as effective programs: https://preventionpluswellness.com/blogs/news/new-list-of-evidence-based-registries-and-reviews-supporting-the-effectiveness-of-prevention-plus-wellness-programs?_pos=3&_sid=49e8664fb&_ss=r
Both SPORT and InShape PPW are designed to prevent alcohol and other drug use and promote physical activity, healthy eating, sleep, and stress control to improve mental and physical health and performance in school, sports and life.
New PPW Program Adaptations
More recently, adaptations of these two evidence-based programs were created to address evolving substance use patterns and the changing needs of prevention and health professionals.
New adaptations of the SPORT Prevention Plus Wellness (PPW) program, with versions for high school, middle school and elementary school youth, include:
- Marijuana PPW: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/evidence-based-marijuana-prevention-plus-wellness
- Vaping (E-Cigarette) PPW: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/evidence-based-e-cigarette-prevention-plus-wellness-program
- SPORT Alcohol & Cannabis PPW: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/sport-ppw-alcohol-cannabis-program
- SPORT 3 PPW, 3 Session Alcohol, Marijuana & E-Cigarette Use Prevention: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/sport-3-alcohol-marijuana-e-cigarette-ppw-program
- SPORT 2 PPW, 6 Session Healthy Behaviors Promotion: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/evidence-based-alcohol-drug-sport-2-prevention-plus-wellness
- SPORT PPW Online Program: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/sport-ppw-online-program-1
- SPORT PPW Video-Based Program: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/sport-ppw-video-program
New adaptations of the InShape Prevention Plus Wellness program include:
- Opioid PPW for Adolescents: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/evidence-based-opioid-prevention-plus-wellness
- Opioid & Stimulant PPW for Young Adults: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/opioid-stimulant-ppw-program
Prevention Plus Wellness also offers adaptations of the youth programs for training parents in providing positive prevention and wellness communication and goal setting to youth at home.
Parent PPW program versions include SPORT (Alcohol/Drug) PPW, Marijuana PPW, Vaping (E-Cigarette) PPW, Opioid PPW, and InShape PPW: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/parent-prevention-plus-wellness-programs
Lastly, Prevention Plus Wellness provides media campaigns based on the same integrated prevention and wellness model. These include:
- SPORT Alcohol PPW Media Campaign: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/sport-alcohol-prevention-plus-wellness-media-campaign
- Marijuana PPW Media Campaign: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/marijuana-ppw-media-campaign
- Vaping E-Cigarette PPW Media Campaign: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/vaping-e-cigarette-prevention-plus-wellness-media-campaign
- Opioid PPW Media Campaign: https://preventionpluswellness.com/products/opioid-prevention-plus-wellness-media-campaign-1
Prevention Plus Wellness continues to develop adaptations of our original brief evidence-based SPORT and InShape Prevention Plus Wellness programs for addressing the continually changing landscape of substance use epidemiology and mental and physical health promotion.
Today, Prevention Plus Wellness provides a range of multiple health risk behavior programs for youth and parents, as well as multi-media campaigns, for prevention and health professionals and organizations committed to protecting and improving the mental and physical wellbeing and performance of youth and young adults.
In addition, quick and easy to access self-paced and live online training courses and workshops are available for prevention and health specialists who wish to become certified PPW program implementers or trainers.